active programme

Apply to Higher Education Services (HES)


In efforts to respond to the Mosul rehabilitation, SPARK with funding from the European Union, through the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, EU Madad, is supporting young people in the Ninawa province to access higher education, to enhance their skills and contribute to rebuilding their war-torn city.


All high school graduates residing in the Ninawa province, who are, who are able and willing to study a 2 year TVET degree in Mosul, who are IDPs or vulnerable Iraqis, can now apply for a full scholarship, and receive a monthly stipend of $210 per month for every month they are enrolled.


Apply now in English or Arabic.


  • You must have successfully completed pre-university studies (high school or equivalent).
  • You must hold Iraqi nationality – either IDPs in Ninawa or an Iraqi IDP.
  • You must not have sufficient financial means to pursue higher education.
  • You must be aged between 18-30 years old.
  • Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
  • Candidates with high academic performance and motivation are strongly encouraged to apply.

You cannot apply if:

  • You are over 30 years old.
  • You do not have a certificate or proving certified papers proves that you have finished high school.
  • You are currently studying at any other university or you are currently receiving (another) scholarship.
  • You are unable to comply with the university obligations and procedures.
Terms & Conditions
  • Applicants must only apply for a SPARK scholarship in the country they currently reside in.
  • Applicants must have successfully completed High School.
  • Applications will be accepted in either English or Arabic language.
  • Applicants must have an Equivalent High school Certificate issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Education if they studied High School in another country.
  • Applicants must have a strong incentive to socialise with multi-cultural environments.
  • Applicants must be highly motivated to support their community.
  • Applicants are currently not receiving any scholarships through SPARK or any other service provider.
  • Applicants must not have other family members receiving a SPARK scholarship at the same time.
  • Applicants from the Host community must provide Ninawa residency card, Ninawa PDS or any other legal document proving that they are permanent residents in Ninawa.
  • IDP applicants from the IDP community must provide any legal documents proving that they are in displacement state in Ninawa region.
  • Applicants must have a strong motivation to complete a 2 year TVET degree and complete their chosen course.
  • This scholarship is open for first year students who are applying for Northern Technical University in Iraq/Mosul for TVET diploma.

– How can I apply for SPARK scholarship?

Click on Apply for this programme and you will access the application page. If this is your first time applying, click Start to make an account. If you have applied before or have signed up already, you can manage your application by clicking Login.

– Where do I find the deadlines for different courses?

Click on Apply for this programme. Here you will find the application deadlines for each course that is recruiting in each country.

If this is your first time applying, click Start to make an account. If you have applied before or have signed up already, you can manage your application by clicking Login.

– Can I save application progress and continue later?

Yes, after you create your account, you will receive an email with your application link, username and password. You can always access your account through your link or by clicking Apply for this programme then Login.

– What does the scholarship cover?

SPARK scholarships include student tuition and/or enrolment fees. Other allowances including local transportation, study materials and monthly stipends might be supported depending on the educational programme you are applying for.

– Does the scholarship cover the whole duration of my studies (if I’m approved for Bachelor’s degree)?

Bachelor’s degree scholarship covers the tuition fees for one academic year only, and may be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to availability of funds, and upon the receipt of end of year results from the Higher Education Institution in which you were admitted.

– I am Palestinian Syrian, am I eligible for a SPARK scholarship?

Yes, if you are a holder of Syrian passport or UN blue card.

– I am not from Syria or Palestine, am I eligible for a SPARK scholarship?

Yes, SPARK awards 30% of its scholarships to young people from the hosting nations surrounding Syria. You are also eligible to apply if you are from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Kurdistan Region of Iraq or Iraq.

– Can I apply for SPARK scholarship in a different country to where I am living? 

No, you can only apply for the scholarship offered in your country of residence. For example, if you are based in Lebanon, you can only apply for a SPARK scholarships in Lebanon.

– Do I need to speak English to apply for the scholarship?

This depends on the language of study per programme, at SPARK, we are giving priority to support scholarship programmes in Arabic and Kurdish. And English only when required.

– I do not have a language certificate. Can I still apply for a scholarship?

Yes you can. However, SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship.

– I lost my high school diploma. Can I still apply for a scholarship?

Yes you can. If you finished high school, you can still apply for a scholarship. Please fill in the questions about your high school diploma to the best of your ability. However, SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship.

– What is the equivalence certificate? How can I obtain it?

If you are Syrian or Palestinian Syrian, an equivalence certificate is generally obtained from the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education in the country where you now live. It is a state authentication of your high school degree that you obtained in Syria and an endorsement of your degree according to your host country’s educational grading system. We advise you to contact the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education in the country where you now live to know more about the procedures.

– Do I need a translation of my foreign diploma? How do I get it?

If you obtained a high school diploma (Baccalaureate), from a different country than the country you currently live in, you need to provide an English translation or translation to the local language (for example, Turkish) of this document. You need to take your original high school diploma (Baccalaureate) to a public notary and ask for an official translation.

– Can my scholarship be terminated?

Yes, SPARK reserves the right to terminate your scholarship at any moment duration your studies if:

  • You violate the code of conduct of the University/Higher Education Institution you are enrolled at.
  • You present dishonesty or misbehaviour towards SPARK staff or University/Higher Education Institution professors or lecturers can cause termination.
  • You are repeatedly absent from classes without valid justification.
  • You receive scholarship funds from another agency, person or organisation. Duplication of scholarships is strictly prohibited.
  • You receive approval in a UNHCR resettlement programme or any other resettlement programme by any other organisation that would prevent you from completing the study programme. This will lead to automatic termination of your scholarship.

The scholarship will be terminated after the expiration of the contractual obligation period stipulated in the contract (this is generally 1 year).

– Does the scholarship cover graduate studies (Masters, PhD)?

No, SPARK scholarships only cover a variety of short-term courses, vocational education programmes and Bachelor’s programmes.

– Will SPARK help me find a job after I graduate?

SPARK is a not-for-profit international organisation that develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young and ambitious people. The HES programme provides higher education scholarships and does not provide jobs after the education period. Nevertheless, the programme provides constant mentorship to scholars, which will help you to shape your career.

Upon graduation, students can join the SPARK Alumni Network and profit from a wide range of benefits. The SPARK Alumni Network provides access to training, workshops and connections to jobs and new networks.

– I did not find answers to my questions here or I am having difficulty with submitting my application.

Please contact your local SPARK office:

Contact info
  • Social
Apply for this programme
Back to programme