Home Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
Amsterdam, Beirut, Tunis or Istanbul – with remote options
- Position:Social Media Specialist
- Location:Amsterdam, Beirut, Tunis or Istanbul – with remote options
- Application deadline:Friday 27th August, 2021
- Contract duration:1 year, with possibility of extension depending on funding and performance
- Start date:Monday, September 13th or sooner
SPARK is looking for a creative and leading Social Media Specialist to lead, strategise and manage SPARK’s social media presence, community management and engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The Social Media Specialist will produce and edit quality content about all SPARK’s programmes from Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, for all social channels. Ideally, the candidate has at least 2 years of professional social media experience, excellent copywriting skills (in English and Arabic) and strong knowledge of Adobe CC programmes (in particular Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator) in order to quickly produce engaging, on-brand content (visuals, animation, video etc.).
As part of the HQ team, supervised by the Communications Manager and supporting a team of 10 international communications professionals, the Social Media Specialist will also assist with organising and promoting events, training staff, and maintaining Wordpress website, among other things.
SPARK offers the candidate training and travel opportunities, professional development within the context of a vibrant and growing NGO, a supportive and flexible international work environment, and a competitive salary.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead an annual social media content strategy (in line with the existing communications strategy) for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube channels to promote SPARK’s services, increase brand awareness and engagement across all audiences;
- Manage day to day activity, social budget and strategy implementation;
- Develop a balanced social calendar that supports programme activities and events across SPARK’s distinct regions (Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa) and fields of work (higher education and entrepreneurship development);
- Regular production of creative content, including copy (English and Arabic), visuals, animation and video;
- Create and optimise paid social ad campaigns;
- Provide quarterly insights analysis reports and recommendations to improve performance and identify opportunities for growth and engagement;
- Community management and development of SPARK’s global Alumni Network;
- Monitor trends, pitch and implement innovative content experiments;
- Support click-through traffic to SPARK’s website and support with SEO efforts;
- Provide training to relevant staff on content generation and optimising local social channels;
- Support with other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Media, Communications, Marketing or another relevant field;
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English and Arabic is essential;
- At least 2 years professional experience managing social media platforms (previous experience within non-profit sector is desirable);
- Proven experience with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Ads platforms is essential;
- Demonstrated design skills in Adobe CC programmes, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro is essential;
- Experience building and optimising paid social campaigns;
- Experience using Facebook Business Manager tools, including but not limited to; Ads Manager, Audiences and Monetisation Manager;
- Experience advertising on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube is a plus;
- Experience managing, growing and engaging large online communities is desired;
- Familiarity with social media management tools (SproutSocial) is desired;
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp is desired;
- Competent using Google Suite products, including Google Analytics;
- Good communication and social skills to work in a multicultural setting;
- A creative and analytical mindset, someone that keeps up to date on latest social trends and developments;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work independently and respond to urgent requests;
- Must hold eligibility to work in one of the countries advertised.
- Training and travel opportunities;
- International and dynamic working experience;
- Supportive and flexible work environment (remote options can be discussed);
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas;
- Full-time employment contract;
- Compensation for full-time base employment, based on seniority and experience:
The Netherlands 2,000-2,500 Euros per month gross
MENA Region 1,900 – 2,300 Euros per month gross.