Home Social Media Officer – Amsterdam
Social Media Officer – Amsterdam
Social Media Officer
- Position: Social Media Officer
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Application Deadline: 22nd of March 2020
- Duration: Full-time for 6 months (with possibility of extension)
- Start date: As soon as possible
SPARK is looking for a Social Media Officer to support SPARK with its digital activities, online promotion website, and social channels, as well as promotion of the annual IGNITE conference.
The Social Media Officer will focus on producing and editing quality content for a range of SPARK social channels, including the SPARK website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Ideally, the candidate has professional social media experience, excellent copywriting skills and strong knowledge of Adobe CC programmes, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro in order to quickly produce engaging, on-brand content.
In addition, the Social Media Officer will assist with general HQ tasks and other requests from our 14 global offices working across 17 regions. SPARK offers the candidate the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, to challenge her/himself within the context of a vibrant and growing NGO, as well as to build personal relationships with our international staff.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in planning and executing communications and digital media strategies;
- Produce visual, on-brand content social media, including images, infographics, animations etc.;
- Produce and edit up-to-date written content for SPARK’s social media, website and newsletter;
- Daily management SPARK’s general social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Assist in design of promotion materials, such as posters, banners, flyers, brochures and reports;
- Assist in promotional video production;
- Support the enhancement of the SPARK website – update content, SEO, AdWords etc.;
- Provide social media, PR and organisational support for the IGNITE conference and other upcoming events;
- Assist with internal communication deliverables;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in English, Media, Communications, Journalism or a field relevant to SPARK’s work;
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or Dutch is desirable;
- Proven strong knowledge of social media channels is essential;
- Proven strong design skills in Adobe CC;
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp;
- Proven writing skills for different audiences, in English;
- Journalistic skills: not afraid of picking up the phone and giving someone a call;
- Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs/Analytics/SEO/Adwords etc.;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work independently;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- International and dynamic working experience;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas;
- Full-time employment contract;
- Compensation of 1,600-2,000 Euros gross on full-time base, based on seniority and experience.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with Reference: Social Media Officer.
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ and be prepared to provide two writing samples if selected for the first round of interviews. The deadline for application is 22 March 2020. Reference: Social Media Officer.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.