Home Senior Regional Finance Officer – Gaziantep or Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Regional Finance Officer – Gaziantep or Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Regional Finance Officer
Gaziantep or Istanbul, Turkey
- Position:Senior Regional Finance Officer
- Location:Gaziantep or Istanbul, Turkey
- Application deadline:19th September 2021
- Contract Duration:12 months with a possibility for extension
- Starting date :As soon as possible
SPARK is looking for a Senior Regional Finance Officer (SRFO) who has excellent knowledge of Financial Accounting, Project Accounting, and Management Reporting. With excellent people leadership capabilities, this senior is expected to be service-oriented, calm under pressure, an independent planner with good communication skills. He should have experience and knowledge to build the capacity of the finance team in the region.
The Senior Regional Finance Officer is based in Gaziantep or Istanbul, and he/she is working under the supervision of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM).
SRFO will be working closely with Projects Leads and Country Managers and also providing support to Finance and Admin officers (FAOs) in the region.
He/she should ensure that the finance team is working based on SPARK policies and procedures and in compliance with Donor’s requirements.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for month-end accounting process, following up with Finance teams FAOs in the region like as an example, Bank & cash Rec, B.S Rec, Reconciliation of Intercompany account between HQ and all countries in the region.
- Based on a delegation from RFM, being a finance lead for some projects with close coordination with project leads (PLs) to achieve the overall goal of the projects.
- Prepares budget versus spending, performs analysis and informs RFM & PLs for any (potential) over/underspent, and suggests solutions to overcome these variances.
- Assists RFM with annual budgets and ensure financial resources are available in the country offices.
- Work closely with Program Managers for program extensions and budget revision.
- Submitting all donor’s installment requests on time with having a full track for all pending donor’s installment requests.
- Under the supervision of RFM and in close coordination with Project leads and country managers prepare a cash flow reporting quarterly.
- Replacement of the RFM in his/her absence based on the request of the Finance Director and the Regional Program Director.
- Monitors and conducts frequent country field financial staff training needs and coordinates the design and implementation of appropriate training programs in consultation with the RFM.
- Regularly review and assess country compliance with donor and SPARK financial policies and procedures.
- Arranges Kick-off meetings with local implementing partners after signing agreements.
- Reviews financial reports and supporting documents of our implementing partners monthly and follows up with all FAOs in the region for balance confirmation with implementing partners every quarter.
- Reviews all potential implementing partners’ proposals (mainly budgets) and be part of any selection committee for partner selection.
- Coordination between controllers at HQ and FAOs in the region for regional projects audit.
- Reviews analyse, and monitors all balances related to vendors, implementing partners, and all B.S accounts monthly.
- Support of the Regional Procurement Manager, work closely with the country teams for any upcoming procurement.
- Other tasks are based on RFM requests.
Requirements and Skills
- BA and/or Master Finance/Accounting or Business, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in general in Finance and accounting, however at least 4 years of experience in financial management and project management in the NGO sector, especially in drawing up activity budgets and reporting to donors.
- Knowledge of audit tracking, accounting and budgetary procedures and techniques, procurement of goods and services.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English (Arabic is a plus).
- Organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and to travel;
- Proactively solving problems;
- High energy, pro-active and service-minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required.
- Turkish nationality only.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1,400-1,700 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract with 2 months probation period;
- Generous leave of 32 days (including the national and religious holidays);
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/347 until 19.09.2021
Please, with the application send us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their businesses.