Home Senior Project Officer – Jordan
Senior Project Officer – Jordan
Senior Project Officer
- Positon:Senior Project Officer
- Location:Amman, Jordan
- Application deadline :24 July 2020
- Duration:6 months with possibility of extension (2 months’ probation)
- Start Date:As soon as possible
SPARK is seeking for a Senior Project Officer for Jobs and Perspectives (J&P) and Higher Education (HES) programs for refugees and vulnerable host community members, especially women. The main purpose of the programs is to increase their economic inclusion and facilitate their access to the labour market by providing their business with technical support such as training, mentoring, and coaching and / or preparing them for the labour market and employment.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Project Manager, the Senior Project Officer is responsible for the monitoring planning and implementation as well as partner management of the J&P in Jordan. S/he will facilitate regular reporting activities, both internal and to donors, with collecting and compiling reports for the Country Manager’s review. She/he is also expected to follow up with the registrations of SPARK students and scholarship provisions under the HES programme. All tasks will be done in coordination with the other POs and the SME expert in the Jordan Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with beneficiaries, partners, institutes and other stakeholders in line with the projects’ goals;
- Leading partner selection, due diligence, contract signature, report submission and project closure processes for the J&P Programme in Jordan;
- Supporting the partners for the update and forecast of project budgets, target and activities;
- Ensuring that partners’ budgets are used according to the proposed financial plan;
- Compiling and submitting J&P progress reports to the Project Manager;
- Following up the commitments of the scholarship recipients and their achievements and performances;
- Coordination of the activities related to enrolments, scholarship and tuition payments of the students;
- Working closely with other SPARK departments (such as regional team, MEAL and Finance, Logistics, etc.) to ensure the timely implementation of the project within the limitations of the project budget;
- Sharing the activity plans particularly the events with the Communication team and ensuring that SPARK and back donors are visible;
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensuring that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way;
- Responsible for recording the latest project developments on our dashboards for monitoring and evaluation of all related tasks and numbers;
- Participation in internal and external office meetings;
- Other tasks, as needed
Requirements and Skills
- BA or MA in a relevant discipline related to international development. Formal training in economics or equivalent is preferred;
- Substantial professional experience (at least 5 years) related to economic development in developing countries, working with multilateral, bilateral or non-governmental development organisations;
- Experience of working with affected populations, especially refugees and displaced populations;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicized and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract (40h/per week); between 1,000 and 1.300 JOD gross per month.
- Dynamic team to work with
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with CV and Cover Letter (in English) explaining how you meet the criteria on https://vacancy.spark-online.org subject heading: Senior Project Officer until 24 July 2020.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.