Home Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
- Position:Senior Project Manager
- Location:Amman, Jordan
- Application deadline:13th September 2021
- Contract Duration:12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Starting date :September 2021 (position is conditional upon final agreement with donor)
The SME development and entrepreneurship Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of a large part of the regional jobs programme in Jordan/ MSMEs and Entrepreneurship.
The Senior Project Manager carries responsibility for the targets set in the regional jobs programme for Jordan.
The SPM will report to the Country Manager in Jordan and will work closely with the Regional Programme Director overseeing the regional jobs programme.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will bring in proven affiliation and experience with entrepreneurship, business development, innovation, SME advisory services and employment creation in Jordan.
A background with support to refugees and youth in relation to employment creation and business development in Jordan will be considered a strong asset.
The position is conditional upon final agreement with the donor
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the quality control and timely implementation projects under the regional jobs programme in Jordan as per agreement with donors and partner organizations.
- Provide oversight of program operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, budgeting, and quality assurance.
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with SPARK and donor regulations and procedures, including oversight of procurement and financial processes and monitoring related implementation.
- Oversee program management and operations related to the activity, including budget and program planning and implementation.
- Work with technical experts and overall project team to develop Annual Work Plans, monthly and quarterly progress reports, and manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Collaborate and support with technical staff and local and international experts to achieve goals and ensure completion of programs on schedule and within budget.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, implementing partners’ technical staff, and other SPARK departments and projects.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to staff on different aspects related to their professional development and to achieve project goals
- Work in close collaboration with finance and administrative staff to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget.
- Implementation of Entrepreneurship and MSME support activities under main projects to be implemented in Jordan, including partnership management and capacity strengthening of our co-creating programme partners and institutions.
- Relationship management with relevant stakeholders and co-creation partners working in Jordan, especially education partners, and governmental institutions, under the guidance of the Country Manager in Jordan
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting of all projects under the jobs programme in Jordan in line with donor requirements
- Provide input for Jordan into regional level reporting for the jobs programme
- Promote SPARK values.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- 7 – 10 years of proven experience with entrepreneurship, SME development, jobs creation and private sector cooperation.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in successfully overseeing economic growth-related activities.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing teams and project systems to maintain compliance with institutional, bilateral, and multilateral donor policies and procedures regarding human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management.
- Demonstrated leadership and skills related to program management, including budget and personnel management, motivating and supervising team efforts, including work planning, implementation, and achieving success in complex activities.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams.
- Experience relevant to cross-cutting areas such as gender, social inclusion, and youth
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team on activities of similar scale (similar budget size, staff size, scope of activities, etc.)
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Experience with refugees and youth in Jordan, particularly in relation to business development and employment creation, is considered a strong plus
- Experience with multi-donor programme implementation and team management development issues.
- Good understanding of the political environment and operational space in Jordan
- Extensive network in Jordan with authorities, stakeholders, and the private sector
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Arabic
- Full professional proficiency in English desired
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract (40h/per week)
- A dynamic working environment and a great team
- Salary – social security and health insurance.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org.
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/343 The deadline for application is 13th of September 2021. Reference: Senior Programme Manager, Jordan
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
SPARK offers access to higher (vocational) education and supports entrepreneurship development in fragile and conflict-affected states so that young, ambitious people can lead their societies into stability and prosperity.
Over the last 24 years, SPARK has built a strong record of accomplishment in over 25 states in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. In doing so, SPARK contributes to laying a foundation to rebuild conflict-affected regions, once the conflict is over.
For example, SPARK is the largest university- and higher vocational scholarship provider for Syrian refugees and one of the largest providers of coaching, training, and access to finance for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMES) in the MENA region.
By collaborating with local organisations, SPARK builds local capacity to enable the sustainability of its programmes.
SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 12 offices.
We believe that sustainable, economic growth is essential for the alleviation of poverty.
By offering private-sector development services to young people in conflict-affected regions, we believe that the potential for further conflict is significantly reduced.