Home Senior Financial Controller Amsterdam
Senior Financial Controller Amsterdam
Senior Financial Controller,
- Positon:Senior Financial Controller A
- Location:Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Application Deadline:15th of August 2020
- Duration:contract for at least 12 months, with the aim to eventually transition into an indefinite contract
- Start Date:Asap
SPARK is looking for:
An analytical finance professional with relevant experience for our NGO
You are quality driven, analytical and you thrive in a dynamic work environment. You see a due date as a pleasant challenge and with your strong communication skills you are able to hold others to it. You enjoy working in a multicultural organization. You have the right balance between administrative accuracy and entrepreneurial pragmatism. You are based in Amsterdam and you report to the Manager Finance & Control.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include:
- Control and improve the organizational planning and reporting cycle
- Critically monitor, analyze, review budgets, reports and financial management of grants, programmes and support departments
- Improve and support SPARK’s internal control: the systems as well as the organisational culture geared towards quality, transparency and ‘do as we say’
- Control compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements
- Coordinate external audits
- Contribute to advice and training of SPARK and partner organisations on financial management.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in comparable functions in field of finance management and/or control;
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of financial management and/or control ;
- Preferably experience in working with governmental donors ;
- Understanding of the accounting structure and international organization of an Ingo;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Dutch and Arabic are an extra asset);
- Willingness and possibility to travel several times a year, often on a relatively short notice;
- Balancing a hands-on attitude with being able to keep a helicopter view;
- Attitude geared towards continuous personal development, learning and improvement;
- Strong intercultural communication skills;
- Eligible to work in EU;
- Reliable, flexible, and problem solving person.
- Salary range from €2700- 3400 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- Holiday allowance
- A contributory pension scheme
- A contract for at least 12 months, with the aim to eventually transition into an indefinite contract.
- Possibility to follow training and/or courses.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/249 until 15th of August 2020. Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the EU. In case you have additional questions on the content of the job, feel free to reach out to Tinja Huijgen via mail: email@example.com
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply at all we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, in more than 11 offices around the world. SPARK aims to spend as much as possible on our projects. Therefore SPARK has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.