Home Senior Career Advisor
Senior Career Advisor
Senior Career Advisor
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Position:Senior Career Advisor
- Location:Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Application deadline:15th October 2021
- Contract duration:full time - 6 months, part time - 1 year
- Special note:This position is conditional on expected donor approval
SPARK is seeking experienced and qualified Senior Career Advisor to guide Afghan refugees in the Netherlands to work and assist them prepare for, and integrate in, the workplace.
Under direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Senior Career Advisor is responsible for the monitoring planning and implementation as well as partner management of the project in the Netherlands. S/he will also facilitate regular reporting activities, both internal and to donor, with collecting and compiling reports for the Programme Manager’s review. She/he is also expected to travel within the Netherlands.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing personal characteristics, skills and interests via individual interviews and/or group work;
- Controlling the quality of the job coaching and job placement support to Afghan Refugees arriving in the Netherlands;
- Successfully guide our partners to guide at least 38 candidates to permanent employment (or starting an own enterprise) until the summer of 2022;
- Respond to candidates questions pertaining to career development, exploration and placement procedures;
- Preparing interviews and coaching candidates;
- Providing advice on CVs, applications and interview techniques
- Modest Translating of documents (Dutch – Dari – English) (and outsource larger texts);
- Supporting the mapping of potential opportunities according to candidates profile;
- Working closely with other SPARK departments to ensure the timely implementation of the project within the limitations of the project budget;
- Other tasks and duties that lead to job placement in the Netherlands.
Requirements and Skills
- Substantial professional experience (at least 5 years) experience in Job Matching and Job Coaching work ;
- Experience of working with candidates with a distance to the labour market, preferably refugees,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicized and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills,
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner, and to use innovative forms of communication,
- Fluent in Dari (or Farsi), preferably also Pashtu. Good command of English, preferably also Dutch language;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- At least a part-time contract of 20 hrs a week, up to full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference: Senior Career Advisor, Amsterdam.
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/349 . The deadline for application is on 15 October 2021. Senior Career Advisor, Amsterdam
This position is conditional on expected donor approval.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports youth and women in starting and developing their businesses in various, more stable parts of South Sudan. The focus of our activities is on agribusinesses.