Home Regional Finance Manager Tunisia
Regional Finance Manager Tunisia
Regional Finance Manager
- Position:Regional Finance Manager
- Location:Tunis, Tunisia
- Application deadline :15.08.2021.
- Contract duration:1 year, with possibility of extension depending on funding and performance
- Start date :01.09.2021.
The Regional Finance Manager (RFM) is the finance lead of one of SPARK’s regional hubs and is accountable for timely and accurate accounting, internal and external reporting and compliance with (donor) policies and requirements for all assigned projects in the region. We look for a seasoned finance manager, who understands how to balance accountability and control with flexibility and an innovative attitude to facilitate growth.
The region currently includes Tunisia and Somalia/Somaliland. The RFM will work closely with the Finance Director in Amsterdam and the Regional Programme Director of the North African region, based in Tunis.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
● You are accountable for the integrity of the financial and analytical accounting and reporting in the field, which includes the management of the LEAD programme’s accounting across the three countries, the preparation of the annual budget/monthly forecast and risk reporting; –
● Monitoring and tracking of the projects financials situation – you are expected to act as advisor on all financial / economic affairs for the LEAD project teams (i.e. Efficiency of spend, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations, project controlling;
● Contingency measures needed to respond to critical changes in the operating context;
● Finance training & coaching of department coordinators & management team members;
● In collaboration with the Finance Director, you will develop institutional guidelines and policies to the local context, and ensure / control strict implementation adherence of the same, with the purpose to assure compliance with ethical standards, and mitigation of financial risk;
● Act as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.);
● As the internal focal point for finance-related compliance matters in the field, you are expected to steer the implementation / alignment of all activities related to SPARK’s compliance program in the country.
Human Resource Management
● The Regional Finance Manager is people manager of the Finance and Admin staff in the region (currently 2) carrying out specific activities along the HR-cycle.
● Responsible for filing invoices, taxes and processing staff payroll.
● Oversee the financial and day-to-day-management of offices & operational premises, maintain an adequate security setup.
Requirements and Skills
● A minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in the NGO sector, preferably in the North Africa region;
● BA/BSc level education in Finance, Accounting or related field. Desirable: MA/MSc level education;
● Knowledge of automated accounting systems (preferable Exact Online), complex spreadsheets and database software, general record keeping and filing systems and bookkeeping systems
● Experience in and knowledge of developing / maintaining (Financial) Internal control and risk management concepts and systems
● Experience with preparation of external audits is desirable
● Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of international accounting standards for the NGO-sector; donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
● Knowledge of applicable local laws and regulations (income-, business taxes, etc.)
● Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
● Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently
● Accurate, structured and precise
● Excellent networking skills
● Ability to adjust flexibly to rapidly changing situations
● Fluent in English in speaking and writing
● French and/or Arabic language are a very strong assets asset
● Strong writing and reporting skills
● Good communication and social skills, flexibility and the ability to work in a multicultural setting
● People skills in supervision, management and on-the-job coaching of finance staffs
● Willingness to travel in the region
● A remuneration based SPARKs function grid and on experience;
● Training opportunities;
● Full-time contract for 12 months (3 months’ probation period), with the possibility for extension.
● A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 15.08.2021. Please, with the application send us a writing sample and three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members in 11 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.