Home Project Officer South Sudan
Project Officer South Sudan
Project Officer South Sudan
Juba with travel to Bor, Yambio and Torit
- Position::Project Officer South Sudan
- Location::Juba with travel to Bor, Yambio and Torit
- Application Deadline:24th of February 2021
- Duration :12 Months with option of extending
- Starting date::Asap
SPARK is looking for full time (40 hrs/week) Project Officer to provide project implementation support, monitoring and evaluation and field support.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with supervision of the FSA project being implemented in Bor, Yambio and Torit
- Responsible for ensuring SPARK personnel, business support officers, implementing partner Premium Agro Consult and BDAs adhere to reporting and documentation guidelines as established by Country Manager and project lead
- Responsible for maintaining the entrepreneur and value chain actor databases including gathering all required information from field personnel and partners
- Perform any tasked assigned by the Country Manager
- Actively support the Country Manager in the planning of project activities.
- Participate in and contribute to the project progress meetings,
- Ensure that the activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget and implementation plan;
- Monitor Implementing Partners’ implementations according to their proposals, budgets, and planned outputs,
- Support the Country Manager in the review of partners’ progress and financial reports with relevant other departments,
- Liaise internally with all support departments to ensure the smooth implementation of the project, in compliance with internal and donor’s regulation,
- Ensure that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way,
- Liaise with the other stakeholders for coordination of project under the supervision of Country Manager,
- Provide implementation support to Implementing Partner for all aspects of the project cycle.
Requirements and Skills
- South Sudanese Nationals only. Young women and men strongly encouraged to apply.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or another related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation processes
- Responsible, honest and flexible.
- Good oral and written language skills in English is must.
- Good communication and social skills and able to work in multicultural setting.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration based on SPARK salary scale, experience and full-time contract (40h/per week);
How to apply
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/318
until 24th of February 2021. Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process. PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK, APPLICATIONS SEND VIA MAIL WON’T BE ACCEPTED.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.