Home Project Officer PSS and HES
Project Officer PSS and HES
Project Officer PSS and HES
- Positon:Project Officer PSS and HES
- Location:Turkey, Gaziantep
- Application Deadline:4th of August 2020
- Duration:1 year with possible extension
- Start Date:Asap
The Project Officer is assigned to work on the implementation of the Higher Education for Syrians (HES) Programme in Turkey. The programme offers scholarships to Syrian refugees and supports them to become influential leaders and successful entrepreneurs within their host communities. The programme also focuses in the social cohesion, counselling and psychosocial support to SuTP in Turkey and local students
Under direct supervision of the Country Manager and in close coordination with the Country team, the Programme Officer is responsible for the implementation of the different components of the programme in Turkey according to the plan. The major focus of the position holder is psychosocial counselling and support to students.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the psycho social support component of the Turkey programme and coordination of these activities with relevant stakeholders and staff
- Assists in the activities under the Economic Empowerment/ Leadership and Development/ Student Services components;
- Ensure smooth progress of organizational and logistical matters linked to the
- Coordinating student requests and referral by maintaining contact with the students and service providers
- Maintain contacts with relevant cooperation partners, especially Higher Education Institutes, local implementing partners, stakeholders in the education sector and authorities.
- Ensuring the Student Information System (SIS) is up to date
- Organize/support in organizing and planning surveys, studies, etc. related to the role of the position
- Providing support to the Turkey Country Manager with the donor and regular reports, presentations for Turkey in close coordination with the Regional Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
- Provide support for other activities in the region when needed;
- Main focal point and support point for scholarship holders;
- Provide translation and other key administrative tasks when required
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in a prior comparable position.
- Thorough knowledge of higher education system of Turkey
- Background in psychology and education is an asset;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Excellent network abilities
- Flexible, responsible, proactive and being able to work under high workload/pressure
- Fluent in English and Turkish;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset;
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- Good communication and social skills, and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Diplomatic skills, strong personality and integrity;
- Experience in youth empowerment projects;
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration of 1200 euros net;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/273 until 4th of August. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.