Home Project coordinator – Libya
Project coordinator – Libya
|Project Coordinator (local position)|
- Position:Project Coordinator (local position)
- Application Deadline:25 April 2022
- Duration:Full-time for 8 months with possible extension
The Tadamon programme is a 1-year programme funded by the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (IsFD) from 2021-2022 that aims to expand the current cooperation between SPARK, IsDB and IsFD in the Middle East. We anticipate new additional programs starting in Libya during the second half of 2022.
The current programme is addressing the impact of COVID-19 with the delivery of short courses, higher education programmes and support for jobs placement of graduates. With that the programme aims to contribute to the immediate and medium-term efforts to prevent, contain and respond to negative impacts of COVID 19 on the youth women and other vulnerable groups in Libya.
The Project Coordinator is working on the implementation of the COVID-19 response programme in Libya and is part of a new small but growing team in Libya. The Project Coordinator is overseeing the implementation of the program and facilitating good relationships with the key stakeholders.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of the ISDB program
- Make sure that all program documents are available and regularly updated
- Prime responsibility and be the first port of call on all Libya HSS and project management issues
- Provide support to the Country Manager in providing leadership and oversight to the ISDB Program.
- Under request from the Country Manager, the PC Represents the Project as appropriate in workshops, meetings and public forums to share project accomplishments.
- Under request from the Country Manager, work with the Finance team to identify and confirm/approve all requirements for program finances
- Coordinate closely with the Country Manager on administrative, programmatic and financial issues related to the project
- Coordinate program implementation together with the implementing partners in the program
- Under request from the Country Manager, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including government entities.
- Contribute to program (donor) reporting
- Draft and submit monthly & quarterly progress reports
- To prepare weekly and monthly Plan of Action/ Narrative /Financial reports, and to ensure effective implementation of the general project Work Plan and also forecasting of activities and operational costs matching the budget pipeline. Ensure that the program activities are carried out in the area according to SPARK requirements and in coordination with Country Manager.
- Other tasks when required by Libya team management.
Requirements and Skills
- University diploma in a relevant field;
- A minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a prior comparable position, preferably with an international NGOs;
- Clear interest in development aid, youth and employment;
- Solid understanding of the in-country stakeholders’ network, not limited to governmental instituitions, ministries and local communities
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills;
- Good communication, social skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Good team player with ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to move within Libya regions is a must
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Libyan nationals only
A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience and SPARK salary grid;
- Full-time contract for 8 months with possibility of extension.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ latest on April 25th, 2022.
For more information you can contract our HR team through email@example.com. Applications that are received via email will not be considered.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
At SPARK, we embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds. We’re open-minded and committed to creating a work environment of mutual respect. That’s why your gender, age, religious beliefs, race, sexual orientation, skin color, or any other difference in your background doesn’t influence our hiring decision.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their conflict-affected society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, which supports young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK provides displaced youth and women with access to higher education in fragile areas. SPARK specifically focuses its intervention on localization through building the capacities of local partners and stakeholders, green entrepreneurship, digitalization, and women entrepreneurship.