Home Programme Manager – Tunisia
Programme Manager – Tunisia
- Positon:Programme Manager
- Location:Tunis, Tunisia
- Application Deadline:04 June 2020
- Duration:12 months with possibility for extension
- Start Date:As soon as possible
Under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Program Director, the Tunisia PM will be responsible for the successful project delivery of the LEAD programme in Tunisia, working collaboratively with the Regional Program Support Officer & local partners in the region to manage directly the implementation of the LEAD 2 Tunisia activities. The Tunisia PM will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for SPARK in Tunisia, build effective relationships with various stakeholders and support in the development of new proposals..
The LEAD 2 program is a 4-year Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs-funded program (2020/2023) that aims to improve and enhance economic prospects and opportunities for youth in Tunisia and Somaliland by supporting SMEs to grow, alongside supporting an enabling business environment and developing entrepreneurship and employability measures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Staff and Program Management:
- Oversight of Tunisia based program staff, coordinate and implement activities in line with approved project proposal, budget and within the agreed time frames.
- Lead the coordination, management and motivation of program staff by ensuring that they have clear objectives/individual work plans as part of performance management and provide constructive feedback on their performance. Ensure work plans are designed collectively with staff and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to all Spark, Donor and Government of Tunisia policies, procedures and guidelines that relate to the implementation of the program with limited supervision.
- Make sure that all project deadlines, quality standards and targets are met, redesigning deadlines, quality standards (as needed) in consultation with the LEAD 2 Regional Program Director.
- Manage external consultant relationships and local partners, tracking deliverables against timeline, and ensuring quality delivery
- Review and verify local partner’s narrative reports and conducting a thorough verification of results
- Draft reports related to the LEAD 2 program both internal and external to the donor and HQ, with a high level of quality with limited need for revision.
- Oversee the implementation of program activities, both local partner and SPARK-led, including providing clear objectives and methodology, budget and work plan.
Partnership Management/ External Representation:
- Independently establish, maintain and grow productive working relationships with Local Government officials and line departments, and private sector, soliciting their participation in all activities where appropriate, in close coordination with the Regional Program Director
- Develop new program ideas, supporting in the drafting of new proposals on a range of private sector and SME-oriented activities
- Build and strengthen strong partnerships with private sector actors with an incentive to support and mentor SME’s and entrepreneurs
- Responsible for monitoring partners based on partnership agreements and ensuring Tunisia M&E dashboard is regularly updated.
- Identify follow-up funding for leveraging the LEAD program and coordinate partnership possibilities and business development at country level in coordination with the Regional Programme Director.
Program Support Operations:
- Capacity building of staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities
Requirements and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Project management, Business Administration, Economics, or another related field.
- A minimum of seven years’ professional experience, preferably in the field of private sector development and/or entrepreneurship
- Strong project management skills in the field of SME and/or private sector development
- Strong experience in working with and supporting local civil society organisations
- Experience of managing grants and programme budgets
- Strong networks with government and relevant stakeholders
- Experience working with business incubators and/or accelerators (desirable)
- Good oral and written language skills in French, Arabic and English
- Demonstrated management experience including ability to manage and motivate staff
- Experience in project proposal writing and business development (acquisition)
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to travel across Tunisia when required
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 04 June 2020.
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org, with Reference: Programme Manager – Tunisia or reach Tamara Ljubic via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.