Home Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer – Turkey and Syria
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer – Turkey and Syria
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer – Turkey and Syria
- Position:Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer – Turkey and Syria
- Location:Gaziantep ,Turkey
- Application deadline:31st of August 2021
- Contract Duration:12 months with a possibility for extension
- Starting date :This position is conditional to the donor approval
Under direct supervision of the Turkey Country Manager (administrative management) and in close coordination with the Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Manager (technical management). The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Officer are responsible for conducting and facilitating all monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities for the higher education and business support projects in Turkey.
In addition to providing access to higher education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable youth, the programme in Turkey and Syria support access to the labour market and entrepreneurship development.
This position is conditional on the donor approval
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support our local partners on project monitoring and reporting in line with SPARK and donor requirements
- Support on writing quarterly and annual progress and narrative reports for the projects;
- Coordinate inputs on reports with the relevant project implementation staff;
- Support in providing (donor) reporting templates, verification and triangulation of report figures, integration of M&E findings, and ensuring narrative cleanliness.
- Be the main focal point for preparing any report requested as required by relevant Government authorities
- Be the main focal point for preparing the government reports (quarterly and/or annual)
- The ME&R Officer will be the main focal for the projects data management
- Be the main country focal point for the existing and future data management systems (SIS, BTS, and PIMs).
- Collect and facilitate the collection of data, as well as ensuring that they are properly stored in the data management systems (SIS, BTS, PIMs);
- Ensure data is entered in real-time into the data management systems;
- Assure that all the MoVs (Means of Verification) for all project activities and indicators are in place;
- Data management for the entrepreneurship, social cohesion and other activities implemented in the project;
- Follow up on response rate/nonresponse, missing data, data consistency and data quality;
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Conduct, follow up, and facilitate the implementation of surveys, and other ME&R related studies/ research either directly or through third-party monitoring companies in the areas of projects operation in Turkey and Syria, for example developing and revising the necessary survey tools;
- ME&R field monitoring and visits to the areas of projects operation in Turkey and Syria (if possible);
- Conducting interviews and FGDs with the beneficiaries when necessary and when required;
- Monitoring and evaluation for SPARK awarded business start-ups offered internships and job opportunities
- Development of digital data collection tools such as Google forms and KOBO;
- Preparing surveys/interviews for any ad-hoc assessments and analyzing the data and report on the figures;
- Supporting in evaluation missions and responding to external evaluators or audits in ME&R matters;
- Lessons learned: capturing all the lessons learned during the implementation of the project and through the ME&R findings and follow up on having them clearly highlighted and organized through conducting lessons learned sessions;
- Selection and verification: supporting in and developing of the selection and verification procedures and criteria for beneficiary selection and verification;
- Work closely with the project staff and the regional project leads to provide the necessary technical ME&R support
- Support the regional ME&R team when necessary and when required.
- Contribute to the projects planning and improvement
Capacity Building and Partners follow up:
- Be the focal point of communication with partners (in Turkey and Syria) with regards to ME&R and data management areas
- Follow-up with partners, provide training and capacity-building support to partners on ME&R requirements and SPARK ME&R templates.
- Follow up with partners to assure timely data collection and build their capacity when needed about data collection and data management.
- Conduct frequent visits to the partners and maintaining regular communication with them
- Maintain a trusting relationship with SPARK partners
- This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor-level education in a field relevant to the position. Degree on Master level desirable;
- Minimum 3 years experience in humanitarian aid and/or development organization;
- At least 3 years of Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation experience;
- Experience with livelihood and business support projects is desirable.
- 1-2 years of experience working with large/complex databases, including testing and providing troubleshooting support;
- Experience with EU reporting or project management is highly desirable
- A proven track record of donor reporting (in English) is essential;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic;
- Good knowledge of the Turkish language to be able to interact with Turkish partners;
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, online digital data collection tools, and Statistical software packages;
- Analytical thinking;
- Attention for details;
- The structured and precise way of working;
- Pro-active and independent work-mind set;
- Strong (inter-cultural) communication skills;
- Positive attitude.
- A challenging and interesting position in an international environment;
- Full time position 40h per week;
- Remuneration according to relevant work and working hours between 1000-1200 EUR net
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a motivation letter including salary expectations and CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/345 until 31 August 2021 with reference: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Officer – Turkey and Syria.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
The start date and the opening of this position is tentative and conditional to the donor’s approval.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.