Home Finance Officer – Tunisia
Finance Officer – Tunisia
- Positon:Finance Officer
- Location:Tunis, Tunisia
- Application deadline:22 July 2020
- Start date:As soon as possible
The LEAD 2 program is a 4-year Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs-funded program (2020/2023) that aims to improve and enhance economic prospects and opportunities for youth in Tunisia and Somaliland by supporting SMEs to grow, alongside supporting an enabling business environment and developing entrepreneurship and employability measures.
SPARK is currently looking to fill the position of: Finance Officer to support the Regional Finance Manager in overseeing all financial aspects of the LEAD 2 Tunisia programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the following:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure all accounting records and systems are in compliance with funder requirements as well as requirements of Tunisia government including cash and bank reconciliation.
- Preparation of tax declaration in compliance with the law and regulations
- Overall (financial) administration for the office and project activities.
- Monitoring of all financial agreements and activities with local partners;
- Conduct the due diligence process with local partners and financial capacities assessments
- Input of all Tunisia related financial records (including local partner reports) into Spark financial systems
- Prepare monthly office instalment requests and managing the office budget.
- Preparation of the payroll and ensure all staff time-sheets are attached to payroll and properly coded to donor.
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy or equivalent field of study;
- At least 3 years’ professional experience working in a similar environment
- Interpersonal skills, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required.
- Nationality of Tunisia.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- Remuneration based on experience and SPARK salary grid;
- Dynamic team to work with.