Home Finance Officer – Istanbul or Gaziantep
Finance Officer – Istanbul or Gaziantep
Istanbul or Gaziantep
- Positon:Finance Officer (local position)
- Location:Istanbul or Gaziantep , Turkey
- Application deadline :07th of August 2020
- Duration:One Year with the possibility of extension
- Start Date:As soon as possible
Under supervision of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) and Regional Finance Officer.
( RFO) and in close coordination with Country Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for finance, administration and office management .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare payments for the SPARK office and process all payments in the bookkeeping system.
- Responsible for all the bookkeeping tasks like Bank and Cash bookings.
- Prepare Cash and Bank Reconciliation on Monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the office instalments.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on Monthly basis.
- Review financial reports and supporting documents of local partners on Monthly basis.
- Balance Confirmation with Local Implementing Partners on quarterly basis.
- Review Turkey staff payroll and related social insurance on monthly basis and be sure of calculation and that all costs are charged on correct budget lines.
- Review all invoices that are legally accurate and within our budgets and make sure that all the payments are properly charged to the projects in accounting system.
- Assist RFM,RFO and Finance team in HQ in all audit matters whether external, Internal , or Project audits .
- Responsible for purchase requests.
- Under the supervision of Regional Procurement Manager, work closely with the turkey team for any upcoming procurement.
- Work closely with the Regional Procurement Manager and project leads for partner’s selections and assessment.
- Prepare Budget versus spending on monthly basis for local projects.
- Work closely with certified public accountant to ensure compliance with local law.
- Track all advances on monthly basis.
- General office management and administration support.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the organisation of all the supporting documents hard and soft copies.
- Ensure that documentation is in place for project audits
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Background in education desirable.
- Experience in financial management and project management, especially in drawing up activity budgets and reporting to donors.
- Experience with audits is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic. Turkish will be an asset.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel;
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- This position is only for Turkish nationality.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1100 – 1300 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/275 until 07 Aug 2020. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.