Home Finance Officer – Gaziantep, Turkey
Finance Officer – Gaziantep, Turkey
- Position:Finance Officer
- Location:Gaziantep ,Turkey
- Application deadline:25th October 2021
- Contract duration:12 Months with the possibility of extension
- Start date:As soon as possible
The finance officer will be working with our team based in Gaziantep Turkey. She/He will be responsible for the finance, administration, and office management.
She /He will work closely and under the supervision of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) and Senior Regional Finance Officer ( SRFO) and will also be in close coordination with the Country Manager Turkey.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare payments for the SPARK office and process all payments in the bookkeeping system.
- Responsible for all the bookkeeping tasks like Bank and Cash bookings.
- Prepare Cash and Bank Reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the office installments.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Control and process financial reports of local partners on a Monthly basis
- Review financial reports and supporting documents of local partners on a Monthly basis.
- Balance Confirmation with Local Implementing Partners on a quarterly basis.
- Review Turkey staff payroll and related social insurance on a monthly basis and be sure of calculation and that all costs are charged on correct budget lines.
- Review all invoices that are legally accurate and within our budgets and make sure that all the payments are properly charged to the projects in an accounting system.
- Assist RFM,SRFO, and Finance team in HQ in all audit matters whether external, Internal, or Project audits.
- Responsible for purchase requests
- Prepare Budget versus spending on monthly basis for local projects.
- Work closely with Turkish certified public accountant to ensure compliance with local law.
- Track all advances on a monthly basis.
- General office management, and administration support
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the organisation of all the supporting documents digitally.
- Ensure that documentation is in place for project audits
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field.
- Background in education desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in financial management and operational systems in projects’ administration, project management, financial management, and audit management within the private sector or international NGOs;
- Experience with audits is desirable;
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel;
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic.
- Turkish will be an asset;
- High energy, pro-active and service-minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- This position is only for Turkish nationality.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- Remuneration based on experience between 1100 – 1400 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with the possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/348 until 25th October 2021. Please, with the application send us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region.