Home Country Manager – Libya
Country Manager – Libya
- Position:Country Manager
- Location:Tripoli, Libya
- Application deadline:28th of January 2022
- Start date:As soon as possible
- Salary range:2500 - 3000 euro gross
The Country Manager Libya is working as part of SPARK’s North Africa Regional Hub. Country manager Libya is responsible for the overall implementation of the Country Programme (country specific projects and delegated country components under regional programmes) and team/office in Tripoli and or Benghazi. The Country Manager carries end responsibility for the targets set forth in the national annual plans. (S)he represents SPARK legally towards the Libyan authorities as the SPARK national legal representative. The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Is responsible for the timely implementation, coordination, and quality oversight of all SPARK projects and programmes in Libya as per agreement with donors and partner organizations.
- Contribute to further programme development and acquisition with existing and new donor accounts;
- Represents SPARK towards Libyan Government authorities (local and central), local partners, and other relevant national institutions.
- Serve as the legal representative for SPARK vis-a-vis federal Government authorities in Tripoli and Benghazi and ensure that all administrative requirements are fulfilled as per local laws and regulations
- Is responsible for the team management and serves as a people manager for all SPARK staff in Tripoli and/or Benghazi office.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting of all programmes executed for the Libya projects as agreed with donors.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders and cooperation partners working in Libya, especially private sector partners, higher education partners, local universities, and governmental institutions.
- Ensure smooth progress of organizational and logistical matters linked to the projects;
- Ensure budget adherence and project documentation related to the Country Programme according to internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Provide input on Libya for Regional and global level reporting
- Supervise and assist national staff in developing personal work plans and achieving individual targets. Promote on-the-job learning.
- Ensure a Security Plan for the Office is in place.
- Promote SPARK values.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Good understanding of the political environment and operational space in Libya
- Strongly preferred: extensive network in Tripoli and Benghazi with authorities, stakeholders, universities, and the private sector
- Background in relevant discipline for international development, business management, preferably related to entrepreneurship and business development issues, and/or higher education/TVET.
- Minimum 8 years experience with large multi-donor programme implementation and team management
- Proven experience with jobs creation and private sector cooperation
- Experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Arabic
- Full professional proficiency in English
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary between 2.500 EUR and 3.000 EUR depending on professional experience and based on a full-time appointment of 40 hours;
- A dynamic working environment and a great team
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org.
Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/363
The deadline for application is 28th January 2022.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.