Home Communications Officer -Tunisia
Communications Officer -Tunisia
- Position:Communications Officer
- Application Deadline:10th of May 2021
- Duration:Full-time for 6 months with possibility of extension (2 months’ Probation Period)
- Starting date:As soon as possible
The LEAD 2 programme is a 4-year Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs-funded programme (2020/2023) that aims to improve and enhance economic prospects and opportunities for youth in Tunisia and Somaliland by supporting SMEs to grow, alongside supporting an enabling business environment and developing entrepreneurship and employability measures.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for all communication for LEAD 2 programme, including responsibility for implementing the regional communication strategy and planning activities in line with the LEAD 2 guidelines.
The Communications Officer will report to the Regional Programme Director for the North Africa region and coordinate closely with the communications unit at SPARK HQ.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a communications and outreach strategy for the LEAD 2 programme, including development and coordination of promotional materials for various target groups including prospective students and businesses;
- Support the creation of engaging content surrounding LEAD 2, including video production, news and story writing, photography, etc.
- Collect news and stories to be published in SPARK’s newsletters, website, social media channels, videos, and other organization-wide communication;
- Coordinate response to donor requests on visibility and access to beneficiaries (video production, news and story writing, photography etc.);
- Manage the SPARK Tunisia and SPARK Somalia Facebook accounts, promoting engagement;
- Organising events;
- Cooperate with other (I)NGOs and other stakeholders to promote SPARK activities;
- Develop a network of journalists;
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Requirements and Skills
- University diploma in a relevant field;
- A minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in a prior comparable position and with international NGOs;
- Clear interest in development aid, youth, and employment;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing outreach and communication strategies;
- Excellent English and French language skills;
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
- MS Office experience is essential;
- Mailchimp and WordPress experience is an asset;
- Graphic design skills (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop) are an asset;
- Photography skills an asset;
- Good communication and social skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Good team worker while able to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High energy, pro-active and service-minded;
- Tunisian nationality only.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience and SPARK salary grid;
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/331 until 10th May 2021.
If you have any questions about SPARK or this vacancy please contact Marko Djojic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that are received via email will not be considered!
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.