Home Communications Intern Amsterdam
Communications Intern Amsterdam
Communication Intern Amsterdam
- Position:Communication Intern
- Location:Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Application deadline::31st of July, 2021
- Contract Duration:6 months
- Start Date:30th of August, 2021
The Communications intern will focus on producing and editing quality content for a range of SPARK communications, including the SPARK website, social media presence and newsletter.
Knowledge and experience in social media is required.
The intern will also provide PR and communications support for relevant upcoming events, conferences and/or seminars. In addition, the intern will help out with everyday tasks around the Amsterdam office.
SPARK offers the intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge him/herself within the context of a vibrant and growing NGO.
For this internship we are specifically looking for someone who has ideas about social media and knows how to execute these.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
● Assist in producing and editing up-to-date content for the SPARK website, social media and newsletter;
● Assist in planning and executing communications and digital media strategies;
● Contribute to the enhancement of SPARK website – updating content, SEO, AdWords etc.;
● Provide communications/PR support for relevant upcoming events, conferences, seminars;
● Assist with internal communications strategies;
● Assist with designing promotional materials;
● Assist with promotional video production;
● Support the organization and execution of the annual IGNITE conference 2021.
Requirements and Skills
● Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s program, preferably in Communications, Journalism or a field relevant to SPARK’s work;
● Excellent English language skills; Arabic will be considered strongly desirable
● Proven editing and writing skills;
● Journalistic skills: not afraid of picking up the phone and giving someone a call;
● Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
● Familiarity with Google Drive/Docs/Analytics/SEO/Adwords etc.;
● Experienced with WordPress and MailChimp;
● Experience with graphic design and video production preferred (Adobe Creative Suite);
● Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
● Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
● Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
● International and dynamic working experience;
● Opportunity to take initiative and realize your ideas and plans;
● Full-time internship contract;
● Compensation of 350 EUR gross on full-time basis.
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with Communications Intern Amsterdam.
Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/338 . The deadline for application is on the 31st of July 2021.
Reference: Communications Intern Amsterdam.
Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
Due to a large volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant. After the deadline for application we will screen all applications and will invite selected applicants for the first round of interviews. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organization with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.