Home Communication Specialist Istanbul
Communication Specialist Istanbul
- Positon:Communication Specialist
- Location:Turkey, Istanbul
- Application Deadline:07th of August 2020
- Duration:Full-time for 12 months with possibility of extension (2 months’ Probation Period)
- Start Date:As soon as possible
SPARK launches a new programme that is working with the private sector to create job opportunities for local youth among host communities & refugees in Turkey, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. This dynamic programme was designed in partnership with local companies, chambers of commerce, NGOs and governments to create employment for youth and is financed by several donors.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for all communication for the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) programme, including responsibility for implementation of the programme communication strategy and planning activities in line with the QFFD guidelines.
The Communication Specialist will report to the Regional Programme Manager and coordinate closely with the Regional Programme Director and communications unit at SPARK HQ.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a communications and outreach strategy for the QFFD funded programme, including development and coordination of promotion materials for various target groups including prospective students and businesses;
- Support the creation of engaging content related to the QFFD funded programme, including video production, news and story writing, photography etc.
- Collect news and stories to be published in SPARK’s newsletters, website, social media channels, videos and other organisation-wide communication;
- Coordinate response to donor requests on visibility and access to beneficiaries (video production, news and story writing, photography etc.);
- Manage and develop the programme inputs for the SPARK social media accounts, promoting engagement;
- Organise events;
- Cooperate with other (I)NGOs, UN agencies, Government and other stakeholders to promote SPARK activities;
- Develop a network of journalists;
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Requirements and Skills
- University diploma in a relevant field;
- Arab and-or TR language required
- Proven experience in communications. Experience with the private sector, (I)NGO or other actors such as UN agency is considered an asset
- Proven interest in private sector development, youth, refugees and employment;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing outreach and communication strategies;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Turkish and-or Arabic considered a strong asset
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Social media knowledge and experience;
- MS Office experience;
- Mailchimp and WordPress experience is an asset;
- Graphic design skills (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop) are an asset;
- Photography skills an asset;
- Good communication and social skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Good team worker while able to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience in the range of 1600-1800 euro net.
- Full-time contract for 12 months (2 months’ probation period), with possibility of extension.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/274 until 7th of August 2020.
If you have any question about SPARK or this vacancy please contract Tamara Ljubic at email@example.com. Applications that are received via email will not be considered!
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.