Home Communication Officer
Amman, Jordan or Beirut, Lebanon
- Position:Communication Officer
- Location: Amman (Jordan) or Beirut (Lebanon)
- Application Deadline: 17th May 2021
- Duration:Full-time for 8 months with possibility of extension
- Starting date:As soon as possible
Under direct supervision of the Project Lead (PL) and in close coordination with the local team and global communications team, you support the implementation of EU Dahil, IsDB Tadamon, and other Middle East programme communication and visibility activities. The communication officer is responsible for planning activities in line with donor requirements.
This is a local position and will be based in Amman, Jordan, or Beirut, Lebanon
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create, execute and implement an outreach strategy
- Develop and coordinate promotional materials for various target groups including prospective students and businesses;
- Cooperate with other (I)NGOs to promote SPARK activities;
- Coordinate donor requests on visibility and access to beneficiaries (filmmaking, interviews with beneficiaries etc.);
- Manage social media platforms and increase engagement;
- Collect stories that can be used for the SPARK newsletter, website, Facebook page or other office-wide or organization-wide communication;
- Collaborate with the regional team on the development of content for social media (promotion, increase interactivity, storytelling);
- Develop a network of journalists;
- Provide support to organising promotional activities;
- Prepare quarterly and annual visibility reports in line with donor guidelines;
- Assist with other more general communication activities;
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- BA or Master degree in a field relevant to the position;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in a comparable position working with multilateral, bilateral or non-governmental development organisations ;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop);
- Photography skills are an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of the political and economic context in the Middle East;
- Interest in economic development, particularly job creation for youth;
- Good communication and social skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Good team worker while able to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1600 USD – 1800 USD gross per month;
- Full-time contract for 8 months (2 months probation period), with the possibility of extension.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/330 until 17th May 2021.
Please, with the application send us a writing sample and three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.