active programme

Apply to Higher Education Services (HES)

Palestinian Territories

SPARK provides 50 Bachelor degree scholarships at three local universities (Birzeit University, Palestine Polytechnic University & Palestine Ahliya University) in different majors. At the same time, SPARK provides training courses for our beneficiaries to build their capacities in different topics such as Economic Empowerment, Civic Leadership and Psychosocial Support.


What we offer


Bachelor degrees: Scholarships cover three years of education in various fields, including Computer Science, Nursing, Audio & Speech Therapy, Nutrition, Biology, Law and MIS. SPARK provides monthly stipends, tuition fees, language support, extra-curricular training in Civic Leadership, Economic Empowerment, and Entrepreneurship, psychosocial support, counseling, and capacity building to Bachelor’s degree students.



  • You are not over 24 years old at the time of applying for the scholarship;
  • You are Syrian or Syrian Palestinian and a holder of a valid ID card, valid passport, temporary governmental protection ID/residency permit or completed UNHCR registration as a documented refugee OR you are from Palestine OR you are from one of the hosting nations surrounding Syria: Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Kurdistan Region of Iraq or Iraq;
  • If you are a refugee or asylum seeker, you can not be approved for any type of resettlement (to another country), either the UNHCR or any other resettlement organisation;
  • You do not have sufficient financial means to pursue higher education;
  • You must only apply for a SPARK scholarship in the country you currently live in;
  • You should have successfully completed secondary schooling;
  • You should have an Equivalent Certificate issued by the Ministry of (Higher) Education of your current country of residency;
  • If you are already enrolled at BA and TVET level education, you must submit the updated transcript and student confirmation.

– How can I apply for SPARK scholarship?

Click on Apply for this programme and you will access the application page. If this is your first time applying, click Start to make an account. If you have applied before or have signed up already, you can manage your application by clicking Login.

– Where do I find the deadlines for different courses?

Click on Apply for this programme. Here you will find the application deadlines for each course that is recruiting in each country.

If this is your first time applying, click Start to make an account. If you have applied before or have signed up already, you can manage your application by clicking Login.

– Can I save application progress and continue later?

Yes, after you create your account, you will receive an email with your application link, username and password. You can always access your account through your link or by clicking Apply for this programme then Login.

– What does the scholarship cover?

SPARK scholarships include student tuition and/or enrolment fees. Other allowances including local transportation, study materials and monthly stipends might be supported depending on the educational programme you are applying for.

– Does the scholarship cover the whole duration of my studies (if I’m approved for Bachelor’s degree)?

Bachelor’s degree scholarship covers the tuition fees for one academic year only, and may be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to availability of funds, and upon the receipt of end of year results from the Higher Education Institution in which you were admitted.

– I am Palestinian Syrian, am I eligible for a SPARK scholarship?

Yes, if you are a holder of Syrian passport or UN blue card.

– I am not from Syria or Palestine, am I eligible for a SPARK scholarship?

Yes, SPARK awards 30% of its scholarships to young people from the hosting nations surrounding Syria. You are also eligible to apply if you are from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Kurdistan Region of Iraq or Iraq.

– Can I apply for SPARK scholarship in a different country to where I am living? 

No, you can only apply for the scholarship offered in your country of residence. For example, if you are based in Lebanon, you can only apply for a SPARK scholarships in Lebanon.

– Do I need to speak English to apply for the scholarship?

This depends on the language of study per programme, at SPARK, we are giving priority to support scholarship programmes in Arabic and Kurdish. And English only when required.

– I do not have a language certificate. Can I still apply for a scholarship?

Yes you can. However, SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship.

– I lost my high school diploma. Can I still apply for a scholarship?

Yes you can. If you finished high school, you can still apply for a scholarship. Please fill in the questions about your high school diploma to the best of your ability. However, SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship.

– What is the equivalence certificate? How can I obtain it?

If you are Syrian or Palestinian Syrian, an equivalence certificate is generally obtained from the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education in the country where you now live. It is a state authentication of your high school degree that you obtained in Syria and an endorsement of your degree according to your host country’s educational grading system. We advise you to contact the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education in the country where you now live to know more about the procedures.

– Do I need a translation of my foreign diploma? How do I get it?

If you obtained a high school diploma (Baccalaureate), from a different country than the country you currently live in, you need to provide an English translation or translation to the local language (for example, Turkish) of this document. You need to take your original high school diploma (Baccalaureate) to a public notary and ask for an official translation.

– Can my scholarship be terminated?

Yes, SPARK reserves the right to terminate your scholarship at any moment duration your studies if:

  • You violate the code of conduct of the University/Higher Education Institution you are enrolled at.
  • You present dishonesty or misbehaviour towards SPARK staff or University/Higher Education Institution professors or lecturers can cause termination.
  • You are repeatedly absent from classes without valid justification.
  • You receive scholarship funds from another agency, person or organisation. Duplication of scholarships is strictly prohibited.
  • You receive approval in a UNHCR resettlement programme or any other resettlement programme by any other organisation that would prevent you from completing the study programme. This will lead to automatic termination of your scholarship.

The scholarship will be terminated after the expiration of the contractual obligation period stipulated in the contract (this is generally 1 year).

– Does the scholarship cover graduate studies (Masters, PhD)?

No, SPARK scholarships only cover a variety of short-term courses, vocational education programmes and Bachelor’s programmes.

– Will SPARK help me find a job after I graduate?

SPARK is a not-for-profit international organisation that develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young and ambitious people. The HES programme provides higher education scholarships and does not provide jobs after the education period. Nevertheless, the programme provides constant mentorship to scholars, which will help you to shape your career.

Upon graduation, students can join the SPARK Alumni Network and profit from a wide range of benefits. The SPARK Alumni Network provides access to training, workshops and connections to jobs and new networks.

– I did not find answers to my questions here or I am having difficulty with submitting my application.

Please contact your local SPARK office:

Contact info
  • Social
Apply for this programme
Back to programme